To: Stellenbosch University Rector's Management Team
Petition to address the list of demands of SFMFDefiance
1. The reinstatement of all suspended students, lifting of interdict against 30 students and that other protesting students are no longer subjected to further victimization, violence, trauma and human rights violations by the "Men In Black" (Pro Events Security Personnel) on behalf of Stellenbosch University for exercising their democratic right to protest against injustice.
2. Stellenbosch University must retract its problematic statement regarding the events of Friday 16th September at the library. An official email apologizing for the violence, trauma and human rights violations caused by the private security upon students must be sent out to the entire student community.
3. There must be immediate relief for students who are struggling in terms of inetkey/food/washing and printing quota. In the future, the method used to determine fees is to be re-evaluated.
4. We, the students, demand that we be able to access and view our academic marks regardless of student debt. We also demand that students should be able to graduate despite student debt. This demand was falsely said to be met last year.
5. That the 150 workers that were fired last year be immediately reinstated . We also reiterate the call for outsourcing to end at Stellenbosch University and call for workers to be insourced as soon as possible.
Why is this important?
This is in accordance with FREE decolonized education.